The 2018 edition of Blackboard’s Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC) for Australia and New Zealand is right around the corner and if you are looking to stay on top of this year’s emerging trends in education, hear from some of the top experts in the field or just network with your peers, then TLC is an excellent place to start.
Well-regarded across the region as a key annual edtech event, education leaders and experts regularly attend TLC to be informed, inspired and for the opportunity to discuss the future of education.
This year, we’ve taken a fresh approach and worked in close collaboration with a committee of 11 institutions from across the region to create a program that is even more engaging, interactive and focussed on topics that address the most pressing challenges in the world of education.
Here are five great reasons why you shouldn’t miss TLC.
#1 – Be Prepared to Get Hands-On
With over 40 sessions, keynotes, workshops and customer case studies, TLC’s agenda is full of opportunities to learn, exchange ideas and best practices, gain new skills, and discover inspiring innovations. Moreover, you will get the latest about the company’s vision and roadmap directly from our senior executives Kathy Vieira (Chief Portfolio Officer), Lee Blakemore (President, Global Client Operations and Success), and Phill Miller (Chief Learning & Innovation Officer).
- Meet the DevMen at DevCon – obtain the information you need to lay the foundation for your teaching and learning ecosystem with Blackboard’s leading architects and designers
- Moodlerooms Enterprise Day – share your best practice experiences and discuss challenges in a series of roundtable discussions with your fellow Moodleroom Enterprise users
- Academic Adoption Workshop with Mark Bailye – a unique hands-on opportunity to experience, explore, engage and evaluate key pedagogical practices
#2 – Get to Know Experts & Influencers
Each year, we bring in industry-leading keynote speakers and experts to provide you with high-level insight into what’s happening in the ever-evolving world of education. This year we look forward to welcoming Professor Kevin Bell (Western Sydney University) and Danny Munnerley (James Cook University).
Additionally, three-time Australian Paralympic Gold medallist Kurt Fearnley, OAM will deliver this year’s motivational keynote. Kurt is one of Australia’s most well-known and respected athletes, often described as having incredible determination, strength and resilience – qualities you’ll no doubt recognise as he tells his inspiring story.
- Day 1: Wicked Problems – The Challenge & Opportunity for Higher Education with Professor Kevin Bell (Western Sydney University)
- Day 2: Transform, Learn, Create – An Agile Model for Whole of Institution LMS Transformation with Danny Munnerley (James Cook University)
#3 – Explore Solutions
TLC will provide one-on-one access to Blackboard’s product experts and the chance to get hands-on with our solutions. Also, you will have the opportunity to meet with our industry partners, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kaltura, Mediasite by Sonic Foundry, Echo360, EesySoft and Turnitin, and learn how their cutting-edge products complement our solutions.
- Test drive new tech – visit the UX Lab and provide us with real-time feedback on future tools by participating in hands-on demo sessions
- Come to the Knowledge Bar to see firsthand Blackboard’s solutions, live demos and lightning talks
#4 – Share Best Practices
There is nothing like being in a room with like-minded people and at TLC you will be surrounded by hundreds of individuals who are using education technology in creative and innovative ways. With over 30 presentations in the program from universities across Australia and New Zealand, TLC is a perfect opportunity to tap into their knowledge and bring new ideas back to your institution.
- There are so many best practice presentations to choose from and it’s impossible to pick just one or two. Better to have a look at the full agenda at http://bbtlcanz.com/tlcanz/sessions/ and plan your schedule according to your specific goals
- Like last year, a mobile app will help you navigate the event, meet your peers and share opinions and feedback. Stay tuned for more.
#5 – Network With Your Peers
Conferences are great for learning and for the networking opportunities they offer. TLC will give you the chance to connect with educational leaders and peers to create opportunities to drive innovation in your institution. We have also prepared a range of social activities to help facilitate networking, including this year’s Conference Social with a Star Wars-inspired theme.
- Join one of our User Group sessions – choose from Akari, Blackboard Analytics, Blackboard Learn, Kaltura and Blackboard Collaborate
- Pre-conference: DevCon Social – drinks, food and a round of mini golf at Holey Moley
- Moodlerooms Enterprise Social – Brisbane’s High and Charming networking event
- Blackboard Afterparty – join the Blackboard crew as they continue the day’s festivities at Blackbird Bar & Grill on Day 2 from 9pm until late
Discover more about TLC ANZ 2018 and register now at http://bbtlcanz.com/tlcanz/register
Also, follow us on Twitter@BlackboardAPAC and use #TLCANZ18 to catch the latest news and conversation, and subscribe to the Blackboard blog at https://bbblognew.kinsta.com/uki for TLC ANZ 2018 updates.