The K-12 team at Blackboard is really excited about a new contest we just started – the True Blackboard Stories Video Contest. Everyday we HEAR about the innovative ways clients use Blackboard software. We’d really like to SEE some of your success stories.
Joining the contest is easy. Just make a short video showing a cool or innovative way Blackboard software is used in your K-12 school or district, share it on YouTube and give your peers throughout the K-12 community ideas to help them achieve similar successes. And the creator of one of the posted videos will win a trip to Washington, D.C.!
Check out the Blackboard Web site for detailed information and the official contest rules. Basically, keep your video under five minutes. Get students, teachers and administrators involved. Help your peers in other schools and districts across the country use Blackboard software as well as you do. That’s it. Oh, and please make us laugh. We can all use a good laugh everyday.
What specifically should your video show? Well, the topic is up to you. Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- How has Blackboard’s online learning impacted your life?
- What was your greatest “Ah-ha!” moment using Blackboard? What made the experience unique for you or to your students?
- What successful ways have you used Blackboard for professional development?
- How do you use Blackboard to engage students in their learning?
- Do you engage parents and the community through Blackboard? How has your relationship with them been impacted?
Pick up your camera and start filming – the deadline is June 20! We’ll announce the winners at NECC in Atlanta. Until then, I hope to see you on YouTube!