This October, ASTD will host a conference in Washington, DC on the future of learning in government. As a Premier Sponsor, Blackboard is excited for this opportunity to share our expertise in government learning technology with practitioners who work to promote government innovation through better professional training.
The Government Workforce Innovations Conference will not only present unique discussions on developing strategic training plans, but will also provide critical insight on the most pertinent trends for today’s federal instructors and trainers. Here are my top five themes from the conference you won’t want to miss!
1. Budgeting: In this era of tightening budgets for learning and training, learn how to demonstrate a business case for your agency to see learning as an investment, not an expense.
2. The multi-generational workforce: Discuss the challenges and opportunities brought on by a multi-generational workforce, including ways you can leverage technology to engage new and experienced employees alike.
3. Political transition: Learn how to create a roadmap during an administrative transition to keep you agency agenda on track while managing relationships between career and political appointees.
4. Strategic planning: Network with top practitioners in government training and learn their best practices for developing, marketing, and executing a strategic learning plan.
5. Collaboration: Learning that fosters collaboration helps your employees share experiences and grow team-building skills that are crucial in the workplace. At this conference, which may look more like an “un-conference,” participants will put this collaboration into action since attendees like you will be leading the discussions on training topics that matter most to your agency.
Interested in attending ASTD’s Government Workforce Innovations Conference? Registration details are below, and we hope to see you there!
When: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Where: The Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC (Stop by and visit us at table #2!)