For those of you unable to attend BbWorld, we wanted to pass along some details around an exciting initiative launched today.
Our keynote speaker, Greg Mortenson, author of Three Cups of Tea and the founder of the Central Asia Institute (CAI), shared his story about the work he is doing to promote community-based education and literacy programs, especially for girls, in remote mountain regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan.
To support CAI’s mission and Greg’s commitment, Blackboard will donate $10,000 to CAI.
We also wanted to create an easy way for members of the community to get involved if they were so inclined. So we have created a text campaign that can be used by anyone who wants to donate.
- Text to 50555 and enter “CAI” for each $10 donation.
- Confirm each $10 donation to CAI with the word YES.
- Each $10 donation will be added to your mobile phone bill.
A full 100 percent of the proceeds will go to the Institute and Blackboard will match up those funds up to another $10,000.
Your donation will make a difference:
- $2 or $3 = one teacher’s salary for one day
- $20 = one student’s school supplies for one year
- $600 = one teacher’s annual salary
- $5,000 = support for existing school for one year
- $50,000 = one school building and support for up to five years
To further the impact we can have, share this widget on your Facebook page. This will allow your friends to donate as well. For more information about Central Asia Institute or Pennies for Peace, please call 406-585-7841 or visit www.ikat.org.
$10 will be added to your mobile phone bill/deducted from your prepaid account. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Reply STOP to 50555 to stop. Full Terms: mGive.org/T. Available only on US carriers. The Central Asia Institute name is used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, expressed or implied, of any product, service, company or individual.