Today, only 5 short months after the acquisition of MyEdu, we are launching the first initiative that brings the MyEdu and Blackboard experience together: the integration of a professional, competency-based profile designed specifically for students directly embedded in Blackboard Learn. Beginning in North America, but soon around the world, the Enhanced Cloud Profile allows students to easily and professionally tell their academic story, showcase their competencies and achievements, and ultimately, connect them to jobs…all directly within the learning environment they use every day.
I am especially proud of today’s announcement for three reasons:
- It marks the official creation of the “college resume.” Students, who are light on work experience, but heavy on life experience and academic achievements, need rich-media focused technology to tell their story and distinguish their talents. Traditional online tools that work for mid-career professionals just don’t cut it. Our new profile is specifically designed to capture and showcase student skills, competencies, achievements and degree plans in a very compelling and professional way.
- It marks the fastest integration of an acquired product by Blackboard. Frankly, we do not have a good track record of integrating products from acquired companies at the speed that our customers and the industry have needed us to. Our product management and development teams have been working diligently to change this trend with the already incredibly successful student-focused MyEdu tools.
- It marks the latest step in the rapid evolution of the LMS. Perhaps most importantly, today’s announcement is the latest in a series of updates we have made to Blackboard Learn that are propelling the LMS industry forward. Our teaching and learning solutions are moving the needle in truly creating an integrated, comprehensive educational environment that is designed specifically for students, places direct emphasis on student outcomes, and better connects higher education to the workforce.
As we launch this new initiative, I am even more excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We are continuing to build student-focused tools into our learning environment that are designed to deepen student engagement and help them get jobs. We will:
- Build more integrations between our solutions and the Enhanced Cloud Profile so students can showcase validated data, badges, and credentials;
- Provide institutions with more tools that deliver unique insights into competency development and career outcomes;
- Build new tools for Career Service Offices and employers to increase the number of student-employer connections that are happening on every campus.
By focusing on the needs of students, we are working, in partnership with our customers, to drive important changes that will result in improved outcomes for students. We are proud to be a part of that focus and I continue to be excited about this new era for education.