As we unwind from BbWorld 2011 and work on getting the full keynote presentations posted for you soon, I wanted to share some behind the scenes videos from the event that you may not have seen last week. I had the opportunity to meet Steven Johnson and Sir Ken Robinson, the opening and closing keynote speakers, in the Green Room before they took the stage for their presentations. Check out the interviews below. Also, check out all of the photos from BbWorld posted to our Facebook page. (While you’re there, LIKE us!) More recaps from clients and links to session presentations coming soon.
Now that we’re back from BbWorld, I wanted to share with you two more Theater Sessions from the Product Marketing team that took place last week. Chris Borales presented on Blackboard’s continuing support of open standards. A presentation from Melissa Mintz discussed how to use ‘mobile’ to connect with students and improve engagement on campus. You can view their full presentations below.
Hello from Las Vegas! Yesterday was the official start to BbWorld® 2011 and you could feel the excitement in the hallways and the session rooms as things got underway. The afternoon started with a handful of sessions including a standing room only keynote on the Future of Mobile Learning delivered by Kayvon Beykpour, VP of Blackboard MobileTM. Given the overwhelming popularity of this session, it will be repeated again this afternoon. Kayvon talked about how mobile is re-inventing the way we live, work and teach, leaving the audience thinking about how we can empower students with mobile devices. Travis Sowders also gave a great presentation, “Integrating Social Media into Students’ Lives and Learning” highlighting ways to engage students via social media through cross platforms including Blackboard LearnTM, Blackboard ConnectTM and Blackboard Building BlocksTM.
With BbWorld in full swing, we wanted to share some highlights from yesterday’s Theater Sessions. Presentations from Leslie Day and Julie Kelleher in Blackboard Learn Product Marketing detailed the new assessment tools in Blackboard Learn, Release 9.1. Leslie walks through smart views, filtering and color coding in both the Full Grade Center and Needs Grading Views, and Julie explains the new Interactive Rubrics feature. Check them out here: Focus on Assessment Workflows: Color Coding, Filters, Views: Focus on Assessment Workflows: Gradable Rubrics:
It is with great excitement that we unveil to you the first ever BbWorld Mobile app! Developed by the Blackboard Mobile team and made specifically for BbWorld 2011, this app will provide you with convenient access to all things BbWorld. Built off of the Blackboard Mobile Central platform, the app includes 10 different modules that will keep you connected to the conference and informed of all the latest news and events.
- Attendees: Search for conference attendees by name or by institution, and get email and Twitter info for easy networking – before, during and after BbWorld.
- Schedule: Scroll through PreCon Workshops, BbWorld and DevCon sessions; select the sessions that interest you and add them to your personal calendar.
- Exhibitors & Maps: An interactive map of the show floors helps you navigate through Blackboard and partner booths providing you with exhibitor overviews and contact information.
- News, Videos & Photos: Updated throughout the show – get exclusive show information, view behind the scenes videos with keynotes, 1-on-1 client interviews, snapshots from sessions, hallway conversations, presentations and more. Make sure you’re smiling; you never know when you’ll be caught on camera.
- Launch Line: A direct line to news and information about recent Blackboard product launches.
- Get Mobile @Your Institution: Check out and download apps that have been deployed by your peer institutions to find out how they are integrating mobile on their campus.